Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
Chapter 13 Bankruptcy is the “reorganization”, or “debt adjustment”, bankruptcy and is available to you if you are not eligible to file for Chapter 7 relief. Chapter 13 allows you to keep property and pay debts over time, ususally 3 to 5 years. It can:
- Save your home from foreclosure
- Stop foreclosure proceedings for a period of 3 to 5 years
- Help you catch up on your mortgage by financing the past-due payments over the 3 to 5 year period
- Allow you to reduce your unsecured debts so that you owe a fraction of the original amounts
- Allow you to even finance a portion of your attorney fee for fililng
- Allow you t finance a portion of the court’s filing fee
Chapter 13 eligibility requirements are easier to meet than the Chapter 7 requirements.
You must obtain credit counseling within 180 days before filing the case. We will help.